Natural Henna

Henna is made from a plant that contains a natural dye. The leaves are dried and ground into a powder which is then mixed with lemon juice, sugar, and essential oils to make a paste. Our henna is mixed with lavender oil.
The henna paste is applied to the skin using a cone or bottle. Once applied, it takes about 20-30 minutes for the henna to dry. When it's dry, the paste will flake off naturally. You'll see a light orange stain at first but this darkens to a reddish brown color over the next couple of days. The henna stain will last about 7-10 days.

An allergic reaction to natural henna is very rare, but it is a possibility. You should not use henna if you:
Are allergic to napthalene. (Also found in Fava beans, mothballs, and Aspirin)
Are allergic to citrus.
Have G6PD Deficiency.
Are extremely anemic.
Have severely compromised liver function.
Have an extremely compromised immune system.
Are a young child who suffered from extreme jaundice.
(Happy Henna does not tattoo children 3 years of age or younger.)

What is "White Henna?"

And why do you keep putting quotation marks around it?

"White henna" is not really henna. That's the reason for the quotation marks. Real henna is made from a plant that naturally dyes your skin. White henna is made from a medical grade adhesive, which is applied with the same technique as henna. Then, when it dries, glitter and/or mica powder is brushed over the tacky adhesive, which gives it its color. "White Henna" cannot stain your skin.

"White Henna" doesn't have to be just white. It can be any number of colors. Any color of cosmetic grade glitter or mica powder can be used for "White Henna." It lasts about 1-3 days.

WARNING - "Black Henna" - WARNING

Happy Henna NEVER uses "black henna". There is no such thing as "black henna." Safe, natural henna will always result in a reddish-brown color - never black. Black henna is made out of PPD, a chemical found in some hair dyes. Many people experience allergic reactions to PPD which, in the case of "black henna," can result in blistering and permanent scarring at the application site. The more you are exposed to PPD, the more likely you are to develop an allergy to it.